Clinical Laboratories' test results are distributed electronically to the Integrated Healthcare Information System (IHIS). Hard copy reports are generated and distributed automatically to a printer or fax machine to selected locations per pre-established schedule.
Clinical Laboratories' reports include: the patient name, medical information number, ordering provider name, collect date and time, report date and time, units of measure, and current reference range for each reported test when available. Unless otherwise specified on the report, all testing is performed in the UH Laboratories at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
- ONLINE COMPUTER RESULTS may be obtained by using IHIS. For questions about these systems, call 293-3861.
- STAT test results print immediately after laboratory verification on auto-send printers in specified areas.
- CRITICAL RESULTS: Laboratory results exceeding pre-defined limits are called to a clinical professional (i.e. nurse, MD/DO) responsible for the patient's care. Documentation of the notification and read-back verification is made in the laboratory report.
- PRINTER OR PAPER PROBLEMS: contact Medical Center Information Systems eServices, through the OneSource portal or at 293-3861.
- DOWN TIMES on IHIS: Interim reports may be requested only if IHIS is down. The patient name, medical information number, and date(s) of service are required for the report request.
- Patients and Caregivers: Please contact Medical Records (MIM) for laboratory results at 614-293-8657. The laboratory is unable to provide laboratory results directly.